Our class 1000 clean room is open to all faculty, students, researchers,
government labs and companies.
The FabLab staff have combined over 100 years of fabrication experience using
standard techniques for deposition, lithography and metrology.
Learn more about the FabLab
The AIMLab gives researchers the capability to visualize and characterize
their research by utilizing the lastest in SEM and TEM technology. Our staff
can train you to use our equipment or handle the job for you.
Learn more about using the AIMLab
Selected Publications from NanoCenter's AIM Lab and FabLab
Powering a Greener Future
Device That Harvests Water From Air Named Top UMD Invention of the Year
June 5, 2023 11:00 a.m.
NanoColloquium: Seung-Tae Hong - Exploration of Cathode Materials for Mg & Ca Ion Batteries More»
1. Development of a novel colorimetric sensor array based on oxidized chitin nanocrystals and deep learning for monitoring beef freshness
Xiaoxue Jia, Peihua Ma, Kevin Tarwa, Yimin Mao, Qin Wang
Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 2023-09, 390 (), pp.133931
2. Freestanding region-responsive bilayer for functional packaging of ingestible devices
Michael A. Straker, Joshua A. Levy, Justin M. Stine, Vivian Borbash, Luke A. Beardslee, Reza Ghodssi
Microsystems & Nanoengineering, 2023-05, 9 (1), pp.
3. Dynamic Electrode–Electrolyte Intermixing in Solid-State Sodium Nano-Batteries
R. Blake Nuwayhid, Alexander C. Kozen, Daniel M. Long, Kunal Ahuja, Gary W. Rubloff, Keith E. Gregorczyk
ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2023-05, (), pp.
4. Solvent‐Free Electrolyte for High‐Temperature Rechargeable Lithium Metal Batteries
An L Phan, Chamithri Jayawardana, Phung ML Le, Jiaxun Zhang, Bo Nan, Weiran Zhang, Brett L Lucht, Singyuk Hou, Chunsheng Wang
Advanced Functional Materials, 2023-05, (), pp.
5. Novel design for a microfluidic-based platform for yeast replicative lifespan (RLS) analysis
Georgia D. Kaprou, Abhay Andar, Pranjul Shah, Carole L. Linster, Nicole Paczia
Micro and Nano Engineering, 2023-05, (), pp.100199
View Our Full Publication List
The Maryland NanoCenter is the hub of a network of interdisciplinary researchers,
faculty, labs, and organizations with the goal of advancing the knowledge and understanding of
all things nano.
Download a PDF copy of our Information Sheets for: