November 30, 2023
Facilities Rate Update
The NanoCenter equipment rates in the AIM Lab and FabLab are changing. The new rates will go in effect Jan. 1, 2024.
Rate Update Details
Our class 1000 clean room is open to all faculty, students, researchers,
government labs and companies.
The FabLab staff have combined over 100 years of fabrication experience using
standard techniques for deposition, lithography and metrology.
Learn more about the FabLab
The AIMLab gives researchers the capability to visualize and characterize
their research by utilizing the lastest in SEM and TEM technology. Our staff
can train you to use our equipment or handle the job for you.
Learn more about using the AIMLab
Liangbing Hu Is Key PI of New Energy Earthshot Research Center
New, Innovative UMD Course Teaches In-Demand Skills
Celebrating LGBTQ+ History Month: Resources and Events
December 1, 2023 11:00 a.m.
CHBE Seminar: Ben Shapiro Senior Manager – Digital Product Development United States Pharmacopeia More»
1. In Situ Lignin Adhesion for High-Performance Bamboo Composites
Taotao Meng, Yu Ding, Yu Liu, Lin Xu, Yimin Mao, Julia Gelfond, Shuke Li, Zhihan Li, Paul F. Salipante, Hoon Kim, J. Y. Zhu, Xuejun Pan, Liangbing Hu
Nano Letters, 2023-09, (), pp.
2. Development of a novel colorimetric sensor array based on oxidized chitin nanocrystals and deep learning for monitoring beef freshness
Xiaoxue Jia, Peihua Ma, Kevin Tarwa, Yimin Mao, Qin Wang
Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 2023-09, 390 (), pp.133931
3. In Situ Raman Mapping of Si Island Electrodes and Stress Modeling as a Function of Lithiation and Size
Haotian Wang, Yueming Song, Victoria Castagna Ferrari, Nam Soo Kim, Sang Bok Lee, Paul Albertus, Gary Rubloff, David Murdock Stewart
ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2023-08, (), pp.
4. Oleo-sheets and omni-sheets: Fabric-like superabsorbers for oil, water, or any solvent
Hema Choudhary, Christine Zhou, Srinivasa R. Raghavan
Chemical Engineering Journal, 2023-08, (), pp.145252
5. Extreme lithium-metal cycling enabled by a mixed ion- and electron-conducting garnet three-dimensional architecture
George V. Alexander, Changmin Shi, Jon Oâ€™Neill, Eric D. Wachsman
Nature Materials, 2023-08, (), pp.
View Our Full Publication List
The Maryland NanoCenter is the hub of a network of interdisciplinary researchers,
faculty, labs, and organizations with the goal of advancing the knowledge and understanding of
all things nano.
Download a PDF copy of our Information Sheets for: