March for Science
The March for Science will take place on Earth Day, April 22, 2017 in Washington, DC.
The Maryland NanoCenter will facilitate UMD participation in the march.
Please click here more information
Our class 1000 clean room is open to all faculty, students, researchers,
government labs and companies.
The FabLab staff have combined over 100 years of fabrication experience using
standard techniques for deposition, lithography and metrology.
Learn more about the FabLab
The AIMLab gives researchers the capability to visualize and characterize
their research by utilizing the lastest in SEM and TEM technology. Our staff
can train you to use our equipment or handle the job for you.
Learn more about using the AIMLab
Welcome Dr Rao!
Sunbeams at the Nano-scale: the Next Generation of Solar Cells
UMERC’s Liangbing Hu pitches transparent wood technology at 2017 ARPA-E Innovation Summit
April 25, 2017 9:00 a.m.
Engineering Sustainability Day More»
1. Direct Observation of Enhanced Water and Carbon Dioxide Reactivity on Multivalent Metal Oxides and Their Composites
Yi-Lin Huang, Christopher Pellegrinelli, Aaron Geller, Sz-Chian Liou, Angelique Jacqueline Jarry, Luning Wang, Yi Yu, Hendrik Bluhm, Ethan Crumlin, Karen Gaskel, Bryan W Eichhorn, Eric Wachsman
Energy Environ. Sci., 2017-03, (), pp.
2. Reprogrammable ultra-fast shape-transformation of macroporous composited hydrogel sheets
Hongyu Guo, Jian Cheng, Jianying Wang, Peng Huang, Yijing Liu, Zheng Jia, Chen Shawn, Kunyan Sui, Teng Li, Zhihong Nie
J. Mater. Chem. B, 2017-03, (), pp.
3. A carbon-based 3D current collector with surface protection for Li metal anode
Ying Zhang, Boyang Liu, Emily Hitz, Wei Luo, Yonggang Yao, Yiju Li, Jiaqi Dai, Chaoji Chen, Yanbin Wang, Chunpeng Yang, Hongbian Li, Liangbing Hu
Nano Research, 2017-03, (), pp.
4. High saturation intensity in InAs/GaAs quantum dot solar cells and impact on the realization of the intermediate band concept at room-temperature
Tian Li, Mario Dagenais
Applied Physics Letters, 2017-02, 110 (6), pp.061107
5. Oxygen vacancy-induced magnetic moment in edge-sharing CuO2 chains of Li2CuO2−δ
G J Shu, J C Tian, C K Lin, M Hayashi, S C Liou, W T Chen, Deniz P Wong, H L Liou, F C Chou
New Journal of Physics, 2017-02, 19 (2), pp.023026
View Our Full Publication List
The Maryland NanoCenter is the hub of a network of interdisciplinary researchers,
faculty, labs, and organizations with the goal of advancing the knowledge and understanding of
all things nano.
Download a PDF copy of our Information Sheets for: