(1) The AIM Lab will be open until 6:00 pm, 12/23 (Wednesday).
(2) During the week of 12/14, JEOL 2100 FEG TEM/STEM will be in service (for vacuum and cooling water systems). The service may last for 2~3 days. JEOL 2100 LaB6 TEM remains open for the week of December 14 though a large portion of time on Thursday and Friday will mainly be used for the TEM class final examination.
(3) On the week of 12/21 (through 23). LaB6 TEM will be in service mode (preventive maintenance routine) while FEG TEM/STEM opens for research, i.e., the AIM Lab will try to have at least one TEM available for research in the rest of the year (before the long holidays).
(4) All SEMs and FIBs remain open until 6:00 pm, 12/23 (Wednesday).
(5) The AIM Lab will be closed on 12/24 (Christmas eve) through Jan. 3, 2021, and will reopen at 8:00 am. January 4, 2021.
(6) During the first week of January 2021 (5th through 8th), the JEOL 2100 FEG TEM/STEM will be in service for EELS/GIF system and final installation of EDS system. But LaB6 TEM should be ready for use (in normal operation).
(7) Please get in touch with AIM Lab Staff if you have any questions or special needs.
(1) FabLab will be closed on 12/24 (Christmas eve) through Jan. 3, 2021.
(2) FabLab will re-open on January 4th, 2021 following university schedule.
(3) During the break, all instruments will go to stand-by mode and staff will take turns to visit the Lab to check the status of equipment.
ALD work of Adomaitis, Dwivedi featured in NASA Goddard newsletter
ACS Video features NanoCenter members
December 14, 2020